Wood Flooring North Yorkshire
The team at Hendersons Carpets & Flooring offer high quality wood flooring at cost effective prices to clients throughout North Yorkshire and the surrounding areas. We’re very passionate about wood flooring and love nothing more than providing wood flooring installation services to clients in and around the North Yorkshire area, which is why we believe that we should be your only port of call. There’s something very warm and comforting about natural wood flooring, whether solid or engineered.
A lot of people tend to completely overlook wood flooring, since it is initially more expensive than carpet and linoleum. However, you reap many great benefits which greatly outweigh the additional cost of the wood flooring.
Benefits of Wood Flooring
Choosing wood flooring when you require long-lasting, quality flooring in your North Yorkshire home has many benefits. Some of the main benefits of wood flooring include:
- Very Long-Lasting – Good quality wood flooring can last for decades, whereas others find themselves replacing carpet every 5 years due to stains, holes or even shabbiness from everyday wear and tear.
- Easy To Clean – Wood flooring is very easy to clean, especially compared to other types of flooring. A simple brush or mop will keep your wood flooring looking fantastic. For example, if children or animals have dragged mud and dirt through the house, a damp mop will remove the dirt with ease.
- More Hygienic – Wood flooring is very hygienic. Parasites will not stick to your wood flooring as they would a carpet, which means they don’t harbour allergens adverse to your health.
- Great With Underfloor Heating – Wood flooring is a great medium to install underfloor heating, which is considered one of the most efficient ways to heat your home nowadays.
- Timeless Appeal – Many people overlook the simply timeless appeal that wood has. The wood flooring that we install throughout North Yorkshire is very aesthetically pleasing and will be complimented by friends and family for years to come.
Call Hendersons Carpets & Flooring for Wood Flooring in North Yorkshire!
If you require additional information on the wood flooring products and services that we offer, such as wood flooring installation in and around North Yorkshire or Guisborough, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the expert team at Hendersons Carpets & Flooring today. We’re always here to take your call, deal with any enquiries and answer any questions that you may have about our fantastic wood flooring. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in any way we possibly can.
To view our flooring, simply check out our gallery here.
Having dirt on the bottom of your shoes can scratch your flooring, so by having mats near your external doors are a good idea, as well as getting protective felt pads for the bottom of your furniture legs to avoid scratching.
When it comes to cleaning your flooring, it can be done with a vacuum or be swept up as you would with any other floor. Should you need to clean stubborn dirt, this can be done by using a damp cloth or a mop as excessive water can damage floors.
Kitchens are areas where things are likely to be spilt, but in order to protect your flooring, you can choose engineered wood which will be more durable for a kitchen area. Kitchens are considered high traffic areas which require suitable durable flooring so make sure you check the manufactures’s recommendations.
No, it’s important that you remove all of your previous flooring before laying the new one.
Solid wood flooring tends to be the least effective when it comes to underfloor heating and the material will effect the efficiency, this is due to the thickness making it the least thermally effective.